The Bean Blog (currently on hiatus)

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Wondering

Is it wrong to covet the closest parking space to the door at the gym? Really, you have no idea how much satisfaction I get, the sense of victory that overcomes me, when I get that parking space. And then I think, "I'm at the gym. Isn't the point to get some exercise? Shouldn't I be happy to walk from one end of the parking lot to the other?" But no. That spot, next to the door. That's the one that I want. And when I get it, I often cannot restrain myself from doing a fist pump and uttering a gutteral, "Yes!"

4 Comments:

  • Pregnant parkers get to covet that space next to the door. Especially perilously pregnant parkers... ~;^)

    By Blogger foxymama, at 12:03 AM, July 23, 2005  

  • Agreed. The more pregnant, the more worthy. If someone doesn't like it, you can squirt them in the eye.

    By Blogger Dan, at 10:02 AM, July 23, 2005  

  • I felt more entitled to the close spots when I had two young boys, a diaper bag, and a stroller, than I did when I was pregnant.

    By Blogger Whimsy Chick, at 9:16 PM, July 24, 2005  

  • Ah yes, the pregnancy excuse. I might miss that once I have the baby, but as Kerrie pointed out, then I'll have a baby, diaper bag, etc., so that will become the excuse. I'm not entirely sure that my desire for the close spot is connected to the pregnancy, but that sounds better than just being too lazy to walk, doesn't it?

    By Blogger Oz, at 2:05 PM, July 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home