The Bean Blog (currently on hiatus)

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Cool Auction

I haven't seen one of my good blog friends around these parts in some time now. Rumor has it that he's busy renovating a building and turning it into an independent movie theater in Springfield, Missouri. When his budget fell a bit short, he decided to try to raise funds by auctioning off the naming rights to the concession stand, aka Cinebar.

The question becomes, do you want to have a concession stand named after you? Your blog? Your dog? Your dog's blog? All of these are possible, if you just check it out. There's no reserve and the bidding started at $1.00. The auction ends April 17, 2005 12:00:00 PDT. Go for it!!!!

7 Comments:

  • OMG...now it's like $600-something...wow...if my paycheck came in earlier, I would totally bid on it.

    By Blogger D.T., at 4:12 PM, April 08, 2005  

  • It's over $900 now. But he's hoping to make a lot more than that, so......

    By Blogger Oz, at 8:47 AM, April 11, 2005  

  • I'm always around these parts, but I rarely find time to comment anymore. I usually sit down and read blogs at night, which means that I'm sooo tired by that point that if I were to comment it would sound really dumb. Much like this comment. Sigh.

    By Blogger Dan, at 12:09 PM, April 11, 2005  

  • What's worse is taking the time to write up a comment only to have Blogger generate an internal server error and waste my time sort of like with this comment...oh wait, not it worked, hey look at that!

    I'd want a concession stand named after me only if they served Chicago Style Hot Dogs and used real butter on the corn.

    By Blogger Wheelson, at 3:04 PM, April 11, 2005  

  • Dan, Glad to hear that you're still around these parts even if I can't SEE evidence of such activity. And hopefully my posts will get more interesting once I'm done with the soul-sucking experience that is school--IN TWO WEEKS!!!!

    Wheelson, Yes, I learned a long time ago before posting to ANY bbs or posting ANY comment to copy/paste before I click the button. Lost too many witty bits of writing (of course) without doing that. About the concession stand, I don't think Dan is planning on having Chicago Style Hot Dogs, and probably not real butter, either, but you'd have to ask him.

    By Blogger Oz, at 5:04 PM, April 11, 2005  

  • Hi great blog i must remember to bokmark you ... I have a horse racing blog myself I also have a new Online Auction to tell you about here ebay auction site get yourself $35.00 worth of free Advertising ebay auction site

    By Blogger Nosey, at 4:52 PM, October 11, 2005  

  • Auction information and news source. Ten ways to avoid being ripped off on ebay. Auction

    By Blogger wlbcpa, at 5:59 AM, November 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home