The Bean Blog (currently on hiatus)

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Raring to Go?

Now that spring break is over, I'm rested, relaxed, and full of vim and vigor. Yes, I'm ready to take on the second half of the semester. The burn out is gone! A thing of the past! I'm, why yes, excited to go to class tonight, to work on that paper that's due on Friday, to drink up knowledge!!!!!

Or....maybe not.

That's how I thought it would happen, anyway. The break would do me good, and all that. Unfortunately, I'm no more interested in going to school tonight than I was the last time I turned up at Penn, almost two weeks ago. The funny thing is that it's not like I have something better to do. I guess that's how I should look at. Why not go to class? I certainly benefit from it, as I crawl painfully and slowly two steps/classes closer to that damn degree. And what would I do if I stayed home? Watch TV?

Ah, I feel the motivation return, now that I put it that way.

4 Comments:

  • Oh great...I start classes next week, and now I am so regretting it...oy!

    By Blogger D.T., at 3:11 PM, March 15, 2005  

  • Ohmigosh, blogger actually worked this time. I have come, read and w-a-i-t-e-d for blogger to open so I did what alot of people are doing all over the blogosphere...I gave up. Sorry... Now I suppose I should say something but I'm so shocked about getting here in a reasonable amount of time that I'm speechless. Sorta... Anyway, I'm glad you're working toward finishing that degree. It'll be a load off your shoulders and baby Bean will be so proud of you. C'mon, you can do it Oz... ~;^) Easy for me to say, huh? ~;^)

    By Blogger foxymama, at 12:32 AM, March 16, 2005  

  • The one thing that has me motivated to go to class everyday is that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Five more classes, and I can graduate. FIVE! I can graduate in December. The thought of that makes my head spin.

    By Blogger Whimsy Chick, at 12:44 PM, March 16, 2005  

  • DT, You're young yet. College is the time of your life. Remember that. (Oh, I amuse myself sometimes with my own sarcasm.)

    Foxy, I know. This new comment system sucks. But it is very pretty when it does work, isn't it? BTW, thanks for the words of encouragement for school. I don't think I'll feel good about it until it's all over, though.

    Kerry, Are you going to take five classes in the fall? The horror! The horror! I sort of felt a little bit like that (the end is in sight!) at the beginning of the semester. But the feeling wore off very quickly. Now I'm just back to hating it again. Good luck finishing up, though. I won't be taking my final two classes next fall, but I hope to wrap up this degree in the spring. All I feel about that prospect, though, is Oh shit, I've got to take two more classes next year. Fuck! Pardon my French. No, really, if you would pardon it, I'd finish earlier.

    By Blogger Oz, at 5:14 PM, March 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home