The Bean Blog (currently on hiatus)

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Most Bizarre Blog Ever

I've got a hotmail account that I still check periodically even though I've switched allegiance to gmail. When you log onto hotmail, it has this screen where there's often some celebrity gossip on the lefthand sidebar. I saw something that caught my eye (I think it was about that hottie Lindsay Lohan), so I checked it out. Of course one link led to another, and I found myself reading about Rosie O'Donnell. In her bit, it said something about her having a blog. Naturally, I searched for this on the web and quickly found it.

The first thing I noticed was that Rosie was using a standard blogger template. Really, I know she's out of work, but I expected some custom work. I then directed my attention to the address bar. She was using a blogspot.com address. Is that the most bizarre thing you've ever heard or what? I mean, she can't afford her own server space somewhere? Can't buy a domain name? Really?

These things made me suspect that someone must be pretending to be Rosie O'Donnell. I decided to search a bit more on the web, and I again quickly found her personal webpage, complete with an actual domain name and everything....and a link to the blogspot.com blog. Therefore, it must really be her. Bad poetry and all.

4 Comments:

  • Yeah, I read it too, and I dont get it. The poetry is really bad. Really bad. And I mean, it's not like you can tell her "Dont quit your day job" cuz...well...I dont think she has one. Know what I mean?

    By Blogger D.T., at 10:37 PM, March 23, 2005  

  • I wish she would ditch the poetry and write prose. She was a funny comedienne, so I'm sure she could do write interesting stuff. Oh well.....

    By Blogger Oz, at 6:56 PM, March 26, 2005  

  • Ouch. Really, ouch! That 'Waffle House ' poem made my brain hurt. What's she doing in a Waffle House anyway, when her blog says she's trying to cut carbs? Shame, Rosie! Now get back in that soundbooth and do your latest animated film voiceover. *insert whip crack noise here*

    By Blogger Tim, at 6:19 PM, April 01, 2005  

  • Tim, Reading your comment makes me wish that she could be as funny as you are! Why oh why? I don't understand this blog, on any level.

    By Blogger Oz, at 12:12 PM, April 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home