The Bean Blog (currently on hiatus)

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Pop Me Up!

While commenting on WhimsyChick this morning, I saw that she seemed to have blogger sponsored pop-up comments. I was very intrigued. As you commenters out there already know, the whole blogger comment situation has been over-hauled. But I didn't know about the pop-up option.

I have to admit that, in the past, I have felt inferior due to my standard commenting. I wanted the pop-up commenting thing, but alas, I was one of the very, very few who was not bright enough to figure out how to insert the haloscan code into my template correctly. I tried and failed, so I hung my head in shame and said nothing about it. A sad story, I know. But now I can have pop-up comments with just a quick change of commenting settings!

Those google folk. Clever, I tell you.

UPDATE
So I was just playing around with my comments link, and it's only halfway working. When you go to look at the comments, you don't get a pop-up window. It's only when you go to post a new comment that the pop-up window shows up. That's no fun. I want total pop-up! Have I failed again?

UPDATE 2
This just in! Kerrie, aka WhimsyChick, rocks! She sent me an email with the code all nicely displayed. Even I could understand what to do! My comments are poppin' up like crazy! Woot woot!

8 Comments:

  • I had the same problem with the pop-up comments when I first tried it. I ended up going through my template and a standard template with the new comment code line by line until I found what I missed. I *think* what you are probably missing is something like this:

    <$BlogItemCommentCreate$><$BlogItemCommentFormOnclick$>

    But I could be wrong. My template is a mess, but it works. :)

    By Blogger Whimsy Chick, at 11:06 AM, February 15, 2005  

  • Okay....but where do I put that line? And do I have to take something out? I've tried putting it just about everywhere with no success thus far.

    By Blogger Oz, at 1:30 PM, February 15, 2005  

  • Although I am clueless I am going to post this comment just to see what's what. Goodness, this stuff sure gets complicated... ~:^)

    By Blogger foxymama, at 3:52 PM, February 15, 2005  

  • Lookin' GOOD!

    By Blogger Dan, at 12:52 AM, February 16, 2005  

  • Foxy, Yeah, it's a big pain in the ass. I'm not happy. How dare they tease me this way!!!

    Dan, I know you're busy, what with opening up your own business and all. So I'm giving you an A for effort, but a D for reading comprehension. You see, the problem is that the comment thing is not actually doing what I want it to do, and I can't figure out how to make it do the right thing.

    By Blogger Oz, at 10:27 AM, February 16, 2005  

  • ooooh i love the pop up comments. now im interested. very, very cool.

    luv ya my comment queen.

    xooooo

    By Blogger Vadergrrrl, at 9:58 PM, February 17, 2005  

  • Love it, great job.

    I like to think of myself as a purist - wich my "Minima Black" template and default settings for everything else.

    But the truth is I'm just to lazy to change it all.

    By Blogger Diva, at 11:01 AM, February 19, 2005  

  • Sayyy...popup comments on the OzBlog! NICE!

    By Blogger Tim, at 12:42 PM, February 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home