The Bean Blog (currently on hiatus)

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Greedy Little Girl

Yeah, you're right, the subject title of this post is referring to me. Everybody sing! It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere I go.... And that puts on thing in my mind: presents FOR ME!

I am asking for a lot of camera stuff that is geared towards my little wedding photography business. I was going to more or less leave it at that, which is reasonable considering that what I'm asking for adds up to about two grand (yikes!). And then yesterday, I saw it. A super cool jacket.

I have a thing about jackets. I don't know why. Some people like shoes or hats or whatever. I love jackets.

I saw this jacket a few months ago at the Gap. Yes, I am that lesbian. I won't deny it. Anyway, I saw it there, and it was so cool. Black leather. Chinese collar. Looked a little beaten up. Looked about 25 years old...exactly. It's part of the Gap's 1969 collection. Oh, I wanted it. But I didn't have $379 on me at the time, and even if I had, that's a lot for one item of clothing.

Then yesterday, I couldn't help myself, I went back to the Gap. I felt for sure that it wouldn't still be there. It had been months! Surely all those cool jackets were sold out! On top of that, it's not even on the Gap's website, so I thought it was probably left over from a season ago or something like that. So of course it wouldn't still be there!

But it was. And it was marked down to $249. Oh, I want it. I really, really want it.

I'm such a greedy little girl....

2 Comments:

  • Hey, at least you're up front about it.

    A couple of points that bear mention:
    - This isn't any form of judgement.
    - My choice of language is family-friendly.

    By Blogger Carmi, at 1:21 PM, December 09, 2004  

  • Some more points that bear mention:
    -This post didn't condemn anyone for their choices in their lives, nor tell them how to live their lives, nor what they "should" be doing with their lives.
    -Fuck family-friendly. Fuck it, fuck it, goddamn fuck the shit outta that bitch.

    By Blogger Oz, at 8:22 PM, December 09, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home