The Bean Blog (currently on hiatus)

Sunday, July 11, 2004

Going to the Chapel, Gonna Get Married

And that's just what I did two years, one day ago. Well, I didn't go to a chapel, and as far as the wonderful US government is concerned, I did not get married. But I think you guys are following along--yesterday was my anniversary.

We had planned to go away for the weekend, since our anniversary fell so nicely on a Saturday. But then our dog Chester wrecked his knee, and we figured we'd better save all the money we possibly could. Today, we go on a little three day trip, courtesy of the Bread Winner's employer. She has to go to some special training thingy, and when I hear that, I hear "Free hotel with pool and jacuzzi, all for you, Oz."

Last night we went to see a play called WAIT! Ooh, I felt so sophisticated, going to a play and all. Then we got to the theater. It had about 30-40 seats. It was pretty dark and, frankly, dingy. Then I felt super cool, super hip. I do have to admit that the feeling that I could reach out and pet the actors was, perhaps, a little too close to the action for my tastes, but c'est la vie.

The funniest part of the night was that when we got to the theater, we noticed that two of the other people in attendance had ridden on our train with us into town. Then when we came home, we saw those two people plus two others who had been in the audience. Considering that there were about 12 people in attendance, we found it hysterical that six of us all came from our little Philadelphia neighborhood. The Bread Winner and I weren't sure if we should feel less cool, less hip because we were like everyone else around us, or if maybe we should feel that we live in a super trendy neighborhood. I tend towards the latter, the Bread Winner towards the former.

But it was a nice night, anyway you slice it. We've been together for five years now, married for two. It's amazing to me that it still feels so good. I've never been with anyone for this amount of time--by a long shot. I still wonder when she's going to wake up and realize that she can do better than me, but until that day comes, I'm going to enjoy myself.

2 Comments:

  • Having had a problem with random songs running through my head lately, I do NOT appreciate you using that title for this entry!

    But happy anniversay, anyway. :)

    "Bells will ring, the-he-he sky is blue. Whoa-oh-oh, birds will sing, as if they knew..."

    ::groan::

    By Blogger Whimsy Chick, at 7:50 PM, July 13, 2004  

  • Gee I really love you
    And we're gonna get married
    Going to the chapel of love

    Spring is here..... Theeeeee.....
    The sky is blue (whoa-ooooo)
    Birds all sing
    Like they do
    Today's the day
    We'll say "I do"
    And we'll never be lonely anymore
    Great ryhme... do and do! Gotta love bebop!

    By Blogger Dan, at 8:46 PM, July 13, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home