The Bean Blog (currently on hiatus)

Thursday, June 17, 2004

Let's Get Physical

As John Doe will "probably say no," I am proceeding along as if I will end up getting sperm from the known donor bank I mentioned before. This requires getting a physical, coochie exam, and bloodwork to make sure I don't have various forms of the cooties. So I got the physical done, and I really should go in tomorrow to spread my legs for some stranger or another, but I don't think it's going to happen. Why? I found out that I have a fever. Here I thought I was just so hyped up about the NBA playoffs, but I'm actually sick.

For those on the west coast, watching the Pistons/Lakers series has probably been a relaxing and well-timed affair. Games start at 6:15pm. You order a couple of pizzas or some chinese food, and sit back. When the game is over at 9pm or so, you celebrate with your friends (if you are a Detroit fan) or cry pathetically (if you are an LA fan). By 10pm or 11pm, you've gotten it all out of your system, and you settle back for a nice, solid, long night's sleep.

For those on the east coast, it's a little different. You wait until 9:15pm for the game to start. By this time, you've probably already eaten, so there's nothing to do but drink beer. The game is over after midnight, but you're probably a little too wound up to hit the sack immediately. So you end up staying awake until 1am or later. Then you're exhausted all of the next day. It's hard to get a good night's sleep on the day off because you're sleeping pattern is all fucked up, and the day after that, there's another game, so you're up half the night again.

So I've been feeling tired and like crap, but I blamed it on the NBA. But now that I know that I'm sick, I can lay in bed and feel sorry for myself and convince the Bread Winner that she should pet my head and feed me soup.

5 Comments:

  • ...unless you go to sleep at 2am every night anyway. Heh heh. Hope your fever gets better soon!

    By Blogger Tim, at 3:24 PM, June 17, 2004  

  • Hey, cool blog! Let us know what happens with 'John Doe'! :o)

    By Blogger Tzaddi, at 7:51 PM, June 17, 2004  

  • it may be "well timed" (unless you are stuck in traffic waiting to get home from work) but definitely not a relaxing affair.

    freaking lakers.

    By Blogger Jean, at 6:14 AM, June 18, 2004  

  • Tim, somewhere along the way, I got old. I like to go to bed around 10pm....shhhhh, don't tell.

    Tzaddi, started reading your blog. I'm not sure what's going on yet, but I'm looking forward to figuring it out. :)

    Jean, the Lakers suck! (I've been saying that ever since they beat the Sixers in five. I'm glad it's finally true because I looked like an idiot there for a while :)

    By Blogger Oz, at 8:29 AM, June 18, 2004  

  • Just skimmed the donor site you linked, and interesting in a good way that they are against circumcisions of the children they help to create.

    By Blogger Debra, at 7:00 AM, June 28, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home