The Bean Blog (currently on hiatus)

Monday, May 31, 2004

Six of Me, Half Dozen the Other

The Zone diet. A way to combine math with cooking. As I don't particularly like math or cooking, one might wonder why I would decide to go on the Zone diet. Although I do think that Barry Sears is a money grubbing whore who would sell his soul and damn the innocents in order to make a buck, he's got a few good points. And I'm going to try to get myself knocked up (like Celine Dion's heart, my genetic code must go on), so I've got to leave my low-carb ways behind me. Anyway, the Bread Winner and I just spent about twenty minutes trying to figure out how to make a recipe for stuffed chicken breasts Zone-friendly. She started doing some mathmatical equation involving teaspoons, ounces, and fractions--ultimately ending up with a long number preceded by a decimal point. And all of this with no calculator. Oh, to have been a math major in college. I glanced at the numbers briefly, shuttered, then promptly turned my head away and focused on my TV, where young girls in short skirts and skimpy tops played tennis in Paris. Bend over, Ms. Capriati, and receive that serve....

8 Comments:

  • That is interesting . . . it was low carb that actually ALLOWED me to get knocked up, but then again, I have a strange lil' thing called PCOS, which behaves quite nicely when no carbs are around. Interesting how different we all are, isn't it? Cute blog, hope you don't mind me visiting on occasion.

    By Blogger Rita, at 5:36 PM, June 04, 2004  

  • No problem at all. I hope you don't mind that I've linked you! I just made it through all of your blog. Very good. I have to admit that I was touched by your mother's day post, although the Taco Hell post is my favorite thus far. Anyway, if you're losing weight on a low carb diet, you're probably in ketosis, and that is supposed to be bad for the development of the fetal nervous system. That's what they tell me....

    By Blogger Oz, at 10:21 AM, June 05, 2004  

  • Nice Blog

    I have a diet heath and fitness tips blog

    If you have time stop by sometime

    Keep up the Good Work**Diet Health and Fitness Tips**

    By Blogger Legal, at 9:25 PM, October 11, 2005  

  • Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    I have a Health blog. It pretty much covers Dieting Health Fitness Exercise related stuff.

    Come and check it out if you get time

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:19 AM, October 14, 2005  

  • Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    I have a christmas gift site/blog. It pretty much covers gift ideas for christmas related stuff.

    Come and check it out if you get time :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:13 AM, October 23, 2005  

  • you have an interesting blog fount the info very usefulI i have a diabetes diet site. Its full of useful diabetes diet related stuff.
    come and check it out if you get chance
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:37 PM, October 24, 2005  

  • Whatever it is,* you can get it here newcordless bar code scanner

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:39 PM, October 26, 2005  

  • If you know anyone interested in low cost health insurance, have them stop by my site.

    People who study low cost health insurance tend to enjoy this program.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:27 AM, November 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home