The Bean Blog (currently on hiatus)

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

the first of me

Life is a little unsettled around me. Animals are sleeping, weighing the world down with responsibility. Four dogs to my right, a cat to my left, another somewhere else. On the phone, my girl is talking about how she isn't sure if she's happy with her job or not. I feel the animals on top of me, me on top of her. She is eventually convinced that she is happy. Seven lives hang in the balance.

I think about the house, unfinished, the sink I never installed, the molding on the side of the stairs, the car making ominous noises, the tape around its moonroof. I think about going to Chicago for some fun with Vic Vegas and his crazy life. I want to get out of here, out from under the weight of it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home